I'm heading into 2017 with some lovely new christmas beauty goodies and of course a few old favourites! Here are some bits I got for Christmas/have been using over the holiday period.
1. Xen Tan Dark Lotion - I love this tan, and it's a must for pasty winter skin. Confession - If I'm in a hurry I just do my face, neck and hands, as really that's all that shows when wearing layers of winter clothing!
2. The White Company Fresh Fig Body Lotion - Part of a christmas gift set with shower gel, this, to me, is quite a summery scent but I absolutely love it and will be using it in anticipation of warmer days!
3. Clinique Superbalanced Silk Makeup - my foundation of choice lately, this offers good coverage but goes on really smoothly without caking or clinging to dry patches. Thumbs UP for that.
4. ALAIA Paris Eau De Parfum - I have been wearing this perfume a lot and its quite different for me as I'm usually a fresh or floral fan but this is a stronger musky perfume with pink pepper and freesia. I love it and the bottle!
5. Morocconoil Treatment - Cute Mini size, comes everywhere with me, best hair oil out there, imo.
6. Chantecaille Lip Chic in Primrose - Sadly due to extremely dry cracked lips no matter what I do, I cannot wear lipstick in winter. No festive red lip over here! Chantecaille Lip chic is somewhere between a gloss and a lipstick. Super moisturising with a sheer colour.
7. Nuxe Ultra Nourishing Lip Balm - In my stocking was this lovely rich lip balm from Nuxe and it's definitely a favourite.
8. Ojon Dry Recovery Conditioning Volumizing Mousse - This has sat in my bathroom for an embarrassingly long time, un-used. I think it was part of a set maybe two christmases ago! I was going to chuck it, but thought i'd try it first, and its actually a great styling product. Definitely gave a bit more tack and body to my hair when I blowdried it without drying it. Basically this is one for fine hair that is on the dry side!
Lastly, not beauty related, but I am loving this book I was given called Capture Your Style, by super blogger Aimee Song. It gives great tips for blog & insta photography, something I plan to spend more time on in 2017, watch this space!
Mirrored Tray from Zara Home